6 Tips for Visiting Sao Miguel Island in the Azores
Fun times in the Azores!
1. Rent a car and drive the perimeter of the island. It only takes a day, and there are so many tucked away spots to explore with incredible gardens. Monday’s are a great day to explore on your own since it’s typically not a cruise ship day in Ponta Delgado.
2. Go swimming at the Terre Nostra Botanical Garden in Furnas. Wear a crappy bathing suit cos’ it’ll likely get wrecked from all the natural iron in the pool, but it’s worth it! €6 gets you in for the day!
3. Swim at Caldeira Velha in the middle of a forest of ferns. €2!
4. There are two cows for every one person…. Eat some delicious cheese.
5. Be prepared to freak out over how inexpensive it is to eat there! Six shrimps and a beer for €2.50!